Nothing is more refreshing than a cool drink on a hot summer day. And a glass of lemonade always comes to mind. I wanted a fun craft that would reflect my fondest memories of the summer and one my daughter could enjoy. And this Popsicle Stick Lemonade Stand was exactly what I was looking for.
This craft was inspired by Glued to My Crafts and I absolutely had to give it a try.
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- Hot Glue gun and Glue Stick
- 2 Colored construction paper
- Black sharpie
How to Make a Popsicle Stick Lemonade Stand
I loved this craft however I wanted our lemonade stand to have more of the traditional look. So I cut the rounded edges of the Popsicle sticks off. This is just a preference. This step is completely optional and you can leave your Popsicle sticks as it.
- Take 4 sticks and construct a square shape. You can use 2 different colors as I did. Glue together the ends and set aside to dry. Ensue that the top and the bottom sticks are at the front of your shape. This to create an aesthetic look
- Using the 2 remaining sticks align them to the bottom with your bottom piece. Set aside to dry. The base of our lemonade stand is now complete.
- Take a black sharpie and write the words lemonade stand and the price at the top
Decorating our Lemonade Stand
- Taking your colored construction paper cut a long rectangle strip of paper. Fold the strip into six equal parts. Now draw a triangle on the front of your folded strips of paper. Keeping the strip of paper folded cut out the triangle shape. You should now have 6 small triangles.
- Taking the other colored construction paper and cut a semi-circle shape strip.
- Glue your triangles to your semi-circle shape strip. And glue this to the front of your stand. This will make your lemonade banner.
And our lemonade stand is complete.
You can further customize your lemonade stand or and any elements that you think are missing. You can also pair this craft with some lemonade crafts and activities.
Related kids activity: Summer Beach Themed Coloring Pages for Kids
Related kids activity: Free Summer Coloring Pages for Toddlers
This Popsicle stick lemonade stand makes an excellent summer craft and can be done by all ages. And it can easily be modified to make other kinds of stands e.g. cupcake stand, popsicle stand, ice-cream stand.
What do you think about this craft will you be giving it a try?
Other Popsicle Stick Crafts To Try This Summer