We are making tents again. Did you give my last tent craft a try? If not that’s ok too. This craft is similar to the last one but we will be using fabric as the opening of our Popsicle camping tent.
What makes these tent crafts great aside from being super easy is that they can be adapted to any themed activity other than camping. These tents can be used for phonics activities such as T is for tent.
How to Make A Camping Tent Craft
The following supplies are needed to get started:
- 3 Popsicle sticks
- Hot glue gun and glue Stick
- 1 colored construction paper
- 1 piece of scrap fabric
- Grab your Popsicle sticks and create a triangle shape leaving a small cross at the top. Once you are satisfied glue them together. Set aside.
- Grab your construction paper, this can be any color of your choice. In this case I will be using red. Now draw a triangle shape on your paper. And cut it out. You can use Popsicle stick triangle as a guide to determine how large your paper triangle needs to be.
- Glue your paper triangle to the back of the Popsicle sticks. This will represent the inside of the tent. Allow to dry
- Get your fabric and cut into a triangle shape. Again you can use your Popsicle stick triangle as a guide to determine how large your fabric triangle should be
- Glue the triangle shape fabric to the front of your Popsicle sticks. Securing the top and sides only.
- Finally use your scissors to cut the middle the fabric. Cut the fabric to about the 3/4 of the way. This is to make the opening of your tent.
That’s it, your Popsicle camping tent craft is finished. Repeat this process if you wish to make other tents.
Consider giving this Popsicle tent a try. I would also love to know how you make your camping tents.
Related Kids Activity: Camping Coloring Pages For Kids
Other Popsicle Stick tent crafts to try